Opted-Out of voice messages by mistake?
At the end of every voice message is an option to press * to hear the message again or press 1 to opt out of future messages. If you've opted out and then want to resume receiving voice messages, please call: 1-855-502-7867 from the phone from which you opted-out and press 2 to opt back in.
Need to hear a message again?
If you've missed a message, or you'd like to hear a message again, please call: 1-855-4Replay (1-855-473-7529) from the phone in which the original message was received.
Important Call Delivery Notes
- Messages may not be immediately available for playback. It could take up to one hour for message to become available.
- If you've missed any part of the message, please stay on the line and press "*" (star) to hear the message again.
- Please be aware that this service cannot dial an extension, so work numbers with extensions cannot be called.
- When a call comes from the school, your caller ID system will display the district name or phone number. However, this can also depend on the phone company carrier, or what you have entered into your personal phone contact list.
- When listening to a message, please be aware that background noise will cause the system to "stop and start." It is calibrated very delicately to determine whether a person or an answering machine has picked up the phone, and background noise may affect the delivery. If possible, move to a quiet area, or press the "mute" button on your phone.
- In the event that your telephone line is busy at the time of the call, the system is programmed to call two additional times, usually within an hour of the call start time.
- If there is no answer, the system will re-try that number several times. If after repeated attempts the message is still not delivered, the system will cease its delivery attempts.
- To ensure proper message delivery, your answering machine message should be fluid without silent breaks or pauses. This will enable the system to determine the proper time to start the message.
- Please help us by ensuring that we have your current contact information. If any of your phone numbers have changed during the school year please contact your child's school so we can update our records.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Blackboard Connect-ED
Blackboard Connect-ED is a community outreach notification tool designed to aid in the distribution of important information. This well respected and widely used service will enable the West Hempstead District to communicate with parents about emergency situations, school events and important issues impacting your child via personalized voice and/or text messages to your family's home, work or cell phones. Essentially, a school principal or district administrator can make one phone call that reaches families and/or employees in a short amount of time.
- How do I opt‐in to receiving text messages from West Hempstead UFSD?
You do not have to opt-in. You have already been enrolled in our text messaging notification system.
The following opt‐in text message will automatically be sent to that phone number
From: 630‐79, 231‐77 or 532‐91
Message: "West Hempstead UFSD: You are subscribed to receive text alerts. Reply "HELP " for help, "STOP" to cancel. Msg & data rates may apply."
- What do I do if I didn't receive a text message or want to change the cell phone number the text is being sent to?
Please contact the main office at your child's school.
- How do I opt-out of receiving text messages?
Reply "stop", or send "stop" to 63079
You will receive a confirmation message such as:
"BbConnect Info Alerts: You have been unsubscribed from West Hempstead UFSD and will no longer receive messages or charges.
- What if I opt-out but later decide to opt-in?
To opt-back in:
Send "subscribe" to 63079
You will receive a confirmation message such as:
"BbConnect Info Alerts: You will receive alerts for West Hempstead UFSD. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Msg & data rates may apply. 888-599-2720."
If the system does not find your text phone number on file, the following message will appear:
BbConnect Info Alerts: You have not followed the Opt In/Out process correctly. More info: reply HELP or go to www.blackboardconnect.com/sms/terms/asp".
At this point, you must contact the main office at your child's school.
- How many phone numbers can receive text messages?
Connect-Ed is currently capable of storing one parent/guardian's text messaging phone number per student.
- What if I have several children in the District? Will I receive multiple texts to the same phone number?
No, the text will only be sent once.
- What if I have several children in the District, can I have the same (or different) text phone numbers for each child?
Yes, you can have the same or different text phone numbers for each child. Contact the main office to change text phone numbers.
- Is there a charge for the text messages I receive on my phone?
Enrollment is free, however, you may be charged a message fee by your service provider. Consult your carrier for further information about text messaging charges. There is no charge from West Hempstead UFSD.